- OWASP updates top 10 security vulnerability rankingon September 16, 2021 at 5:11 pm
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) has released a draft of its ranking of the top 10 vulnerabilities.
- Jason Kees named Chief Information Security Officer at Ping Identityon September 16, 2021 at 3:14 pm
Jason Kees, former information security executive for Groupon, CBS and Oracle, brings extensive experience enhancing cybersecurity strategies to Ping […]
- Crime rate drops at Ohio State after security overhaulon September 16, 2021 at 2:30 pm
The university introduced new security measures to decrease crime in off-campus neighborhoods. The crime rate has dropped 39% since the security plan […]
- 24/7 video surveillance violates 4th amendment rightson September 16, 2021 at 1:50 pm
The Colorado Supreme Court determined that 24/7 video surveillance of a man's property violate 4th amendment rights.
- Andrew Obadiaru joins Cobalt as Chief Information Security Officeron September 16, 2021 at 1:30 pm
Andrew Obadiaru has joined Cobalt as Chief Information Security Officer. He will be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and […]
- 4 steps to incorporate security into hybrid cloud environmentson September 16, 2021 at 12:30 pm
The journey to hybrid cloud Identity and Access Management follows a four-step process that will increase a business’ speed, agility and […]
- Multi-agency task force will fight organized retail crime in Illinoison September 16, 2021 at 9:30 am
The Illinois attorney general has formed a task force comprised of national, state, and local law enforcement as well as large retailers to assess […]
- Seat detection, flood monitoring and aggressive behavior analytics: Is this the future of your video surveillance?on September 16, 2021 at 9:00 am
A new developer challenge yielded some interesting and innovative analytics applications that could make their way to your SOC soon.
- Find the balance between security and privacy in a BYOD worldon September 16, 2021 at 4:00 am
Given the growth of BYOD over the past year or so, security professionals must review their current endpoint security strategies.
- Individuals use two-factor authentication, biometrics to protect informationon September 15, 2021 at 4:45 pm
A new study shows an increase in use of two-factor authentication (2FA) over the past four years and presents stats on specific 2FA strategies.
- Shane Dwyer named CISO of state of Iowaon September 15, 2021 at 4:30 pm
Dwyer began in his new role on September 13, 2021. He brings years of information security leadership experience to the state position.
- Critical Azure security vulnerabilities affect large organizationson September 15, 2021 at 4:00 pm
New Azure security vulnerabilities are very easy to exploit and could allow attackers to remotely execute arbitrary code within the network with a […]
- Half of on-prem databases contain security vulnerabilitieson September 15, 2021 at 3:45 pm
One out of every two on-premises databases globally has at least one vulnerability, finds a new study from Imperva Research Labs spanning 27,000 […]
- TSA bolstered by CAT unit at Capital Region International Airporton September 15, 2021 at 3:00 pm
The credential authentication technology unit scans passenger ID in place of a boarding pass at the security checkpoint.
- Google patches Chrome zero-day exploited in the wildon September 15, 2021 at 2:30 pm
Google recently issued a critical security update for Chrome, patching up eleven security vulnerabilities, including two zero-day vulnerabilities […]
- Remote work presents challenges for IT leaderson September 15, 2021 at 2:00 pm
A new study explores the ways access security evolved to support the pandemic-fueled rush to remote work.
- What the Kaseya attack can teach local governments about preventing third-party data breacheson September 15, 2021 at 1:26 pm
Tony Bryson, Chief Information Security Officer for the Town of Gilbert, Ariz., scaled the town's cybersecurity defenses by adopting a preventative […]
- The role of the CFO in enterprise cybersecurityon September 15, 2021 at 4:00 am
Great CFOs don’t act as a blocker or barrier, but are ready to invest in comprehensive and robust cybersecurity systems. Here’s how to make sure […]
- Product spotlight on surveillance for airports/seaportson September 15, 2021 at 4:00 am
Security issues exist every day at airports and seaports, but security solutions and a multi-layered surveillance approach go a long way in a world […]
- Implementing AI security solutions: A crawl-before-you-run strategyon September 15, 2021 at 4:00 am
Many security operations centers employ artificial intelligence and machine learning tools to detect advanced threats, however, reaching too high too […]
- Hoax causes Litecoin to spike 20%; shows power of misinformationon September 14, 2021 at 6:02 pm
Walmart Inc. was at the center of a hoax aimed at manipulating the price of Litecoin. The incident illustrates how fake […]
- Executives' ransomware concerns are high, yet few are prepared for attackson September 14, 2021 at 5:40 pm
C-suite and other executives expect cyberattacks to increase over the next 12 months, yet only 33.3% say that their organizations have simulated […]